A scared dog named â€œTheoâ€ was rescued after a year of living on the streets of Los Angeles. The images of Theo, from the Mutt Scouts website, shows his before and after pictures. Underneath all the matted hair and dreadlocks was a frightened little dog. He was rescued by Eldad Hager, founder of Hope For Paws, was able to lure the pup to safety with treats and a little love. With the help of Jf Pryor, founder of Mutt Scouts, Theo was able to get help. Shortly after he was taken into custody, he was treated to a haircut and relocated with a foster family.
Unfortunately, we live in a world where this is the reality for many abandoned pets. Luckily for Theo, he was rescued. Many innocent animals face the cruel reality that many people neglect their pets with heart wrenching outcomes.
Why Are There So Many Homeless Pets?
- Their families relocate to new places that donâ€™t allow pets
- Sometimes animals accidentally get loose or lost
- Some people abandon their pets when they canâ€™t handle the responsibility
- Many cities and towns are banning certain breeds of animals
Numerous people forget that pets are not equipped to fend for themselves. They often assume that animals will be able to find new families or survive off the land. The number of abandoned pets is a serious problem affecting many cities and their pet populations.
What Can People Do To Help?
- Adopt a shelter animal
- Protect your pets with appropriate identification or microchips
- Foster animals for rescue charities
- Raise awareness about abandoned animals
- Support local pet rescues by volunteering or donating
Theo managed to get a his happy ending, because of compassionate people who care about abandoned pets. Stav Ozbada, Theoâ€™s foster parent, gave Theo a new leash on life. The small dog is now sporting bowtie collares instead of matted dreads. His soft hair curls and remains clean. Theoâ€™s days now consist of playing with his new pawed friend, Beastly, and his adopted family.